THE return of Lloyd Owusu continued to inspire Slough Town's Southern Division One Central title challenge when his powerful header was enough to see off Northwood on Saturday.

The former Ghanaian international re-signed for his hometown club last month to help manager, and former teammate Steve Bateman achieve promotion with the Rebels.

And the Slough legend has already marked his return with two important goals, rescuing a point at Daventry Town last weekend and netting the game's only goal at Holloways Park on Saturday.

In a scrappy affair chances were few and far between until Owusu connected powerfully with Stuart Swift's free kick 10 minutes into the second half to beat ex-Burnham goalkeeper James Reading.

The Rebels had chances to extend their advantage but Owusu's diving header was enough to seal a crucial win and reduce St. Neots Town's lead at the top of the division to three points after the Saints were held to a 1-1 draw at Leighton Town.

And Slough will go into Saturday's crunch top of the table clash at New Rowley Park level on points with Dennis Greene's side if they beat Barton Rovers on Tuesday (7:45pm kick-off).

Third placed Beaconsfield SYCOB recorded only their second win in seven matches with a comfortable 3-0 victory at Chertsey Town.

Captain Fiston Manuella gave the Rams a 12th minute lead and doubled the advantage six minutes into the second period before ex-Rebel Charlie Mpi secured the win with a third shortly after.

Byron Walton's men could move one step closer to securing a spot in the Division One play-off's with victory over Uxbridge at Holloways Park on Monday (7:45pm).

Burnham produced a third consecutive league clean sheet after a goalless draw at Bedfont Town.

The Blues can break into the top half of the table for the first time this season with a win at Leighton Town on Saturday (3pm kick-off).

Elsewhere, a Ryan O'Toole hat-trick helped Windsor FC banish memories of a disastrous February with a comfortable 5-0 victory over Berkshire rivals Sandhurst Town.

O'Toole broke the deadlock at Stag Meadow with a wonderful 25-yard chip to beat Sandhurst goalkeeper Matthew Watson 10 minutes into the second half.

The Combined Counties Premier Division's leading goal scorer doubled the advantage with a low drive on the hour mark and completed his hat-trick soon after with a composed finish.

Michael Chennells made it four from close range in the 85th minute and there was still time for George Gould to complete the rout with a fifth in the dying stages.

Keith Scott's side could close the gap on runaway leaders and defending champions Guildford City to eight points with victory at Dorking on Tuesday (7:45pm).

Finally, Holyport prepared for their Berks & Bucks Trophy semi-finals clash with rivals Binfield in midweek with a 2-2 draw at Shrivenham.

Jamie Handscomb and Lee Hawkins were on target for the Villagers who slipped a place to 12th in the Hellenic Premier Division.