PRIMARY school pupils handed a petition to the Prime Minister urging him to make 2013 the beginning of the end of world hunger during a special visit to Number 10.
A MOTHER and daughter who caused neighbours months of misery by playing loud music and shouting have been slapped with a fine.
A SKY News presenter has thrown his name in the hat for an inaugural baking contest.
- Reports claim Heathrow expansion is set for south west of the airport
- South Bucks records high number of traveller properties
- Athletes get into shape for Windsor Triathlon
- Region's residents recognised in The Queen's Birthday Honours list
- Walkers lace up their shoes for Thames Hospicecare Walk to Remember
- Thousands expected for second Party in the Park in Iver
- Police helicopter search in Dorney for balaclava-clad men after mobile phone robbery
- Man accused of sexual assault set date to enter plea
- Wraysbury convenience store will be independent according to applicant
- Disabled man wins apology after waking up in a hospital bed soaked in another person's urine
- Changing education system blamed for head teachers leaving their posts
A MAN accused of sexual assault will enter his plea at Reading Crown Court on August 16.
PREPARE for a breathtaking concert when renowned singer Salena Jones and composer Keith Mansfield (best know for his TV sports themes such as Grandstand and Wimbledon Tennis Championships) bring Powerful, an 11-piece band presenting a fusion of Latin, funk and swing grooves, to South Hill Park, in Bracknell.
COUNTRY callers are being urged to join a campaign to fight for the same strength mobile phone signal as townies.
READING Minster Festival begins on Friday, June 28, with an organ recital, 12.15-1pm, a communion service with live jazz band at 6.30pm, and jazz classics from the Julie McKee Duo at 8pm.
- Martin Denny, Windsor Festival Director, shares what the Festival has in store
- Comedian Phill Jupitus talks stand up, audience participation and jazz
- Burnt Tomorrow talk Reading music and Hub Fest at Face Bar
- Competition calls all Berkshire young composers
- Aspiring artists showcase their creations at South Hill Park
- Students show off their creative study for Arts Week