BREAKING NEWS: Plans to build Tesco at Bishop Centre site approved
- Campaigners pin hopes on Pickles after controversial Tesco plans referred
- UPDATE: Plans to build Tesco at Bishop Centre site approved
- Decision due over Frankie and Benny's restaurant in the Bishop Centre
- Fundraisers running out of options for Dorney Village Hall
- Bishop Centre update: Parish council will write to Government
PLANS to build a Tesco and redevelop The Bishop Centre have been passed.
Despite the South Bucks District Council's planning committee recommending refusal - the plans were given the go ahead at a public meeting today.
Site owner Land Securities' application will include a new 131,500 sq ft development site at the shopping village in Bath Road, Taplow.
It will include a new 55,000 sq ft Tesco and smaller shops which the tenants of which are yet to be confirmed.
It has also been passed with a number of legal conditions including delivery routes and road networks to minimise traffic problems.
Update to follow
This article appeared in Slough Observer 14 Mar 12
Have your say. Post a comment on this article.
Mar 14, 19:26
The Tesco machine rolls on and another unique and enjoyable shopping area will become a soulless urban development....despite the clear wishes of the local people who do not want yet another Tesco. Just who are the Councillors representing, and should we wonder whether this was a done deal, as the Bath Road has already been upgraded???
Recommend? Yes 7 No 0
Mar 15, 08:55
Mar 15, 09:25