M40 crash leaves three hospitalised
- Police hunt for clues to cause of M4 smash
- UPDATE: Lanes reopened on the M4 after digger falls off truck
- Man arrested after bridge incident closed the M40 for hours
- M40 closed in both directions at junction for Maidenhead and High Wycombe
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: Congestion in Slough and Windsor believed to be caused by Legoland closure
A SERIOUS four-car crash on the M40 has left three people hospitalised.
The collision, which happened on the Northbound carriageway between J1 and J2 on the M40 shortly before 8.30am, has caused chaos on motorways, with traffic backing up to J16 on the M25.
Thames Valley Police has confirmed that one man was trapped in his car and has had to be cut out.
Two of the injured people were taken to Wexham Park Hospital with minor injuries, but another person has gone to the Royal London Hospital with serious head injuries.
The northbound carriageway motorway is closed and is not expected to open until 12.30pm, according to the Highways Agency, though Thames Valley Police says the southbound part of the motorway due to reopen soon.