Last chance to donate to our Christmas Toy Appeal
Published: 7 Dec 2012 16:15
The final deadline to donate to our annual Christmas Toy Appeal is today (Friday).
Gifts kindly donated by residents and businesses will be collected from various drop-off points by The Observer team next week and delivered to organisations including social services in Slough, South Bucks and the Royal Borough and Berkshire East and South Bucks Women's Aid - a charity which helps victims of domestic abuse.
With the appeal drawing to a close, businesses and organisation including the Wycombe Wanderers Football Club, Sanofi Pasteur MSD in Maidenhead and Daniel in Windsor have added their support.
Wycombe Wanderers have kindly donated hats, scarves, cuddly toys and four match tickets, and staff at Daniel have picked out a selection of toys for boys and girls. Warren Du Preez, assistant store manager at Daniel, in Peascod Street, said: "As a family-run department store we do try to give back to the community through causes such as this and it's lovely for children to get something at Christmas."
Last week a sackful of toys was delivered to Alexander Devine Children's Hospice Service and handed out to more than 100 excited children living with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions, at the charity's annual Christmas party at the Hilton Reading Hotel, on Sunday.
Jennie McGivern, director of fundraising, said: "We are so very grateful to The Observer's Toy Appeal for supplying some of our children's presents and to all of our sponsors who supported this event. Without their support it simply wouldn't have been possible."
Gifts can still be dropped off at collections points today (Friday). Gift ideas include toys, games, books, crafts, crayons, clothes, footballs and jewellery. Please include any necessary batteries.
For a full list of collection points to take your toy donations to today (Friday), see below.
● The Observer offices, Unit B2, Deseronto Trading Estate, St Mary's Road, Langley, from 9am-6pm.
● The third floor of Debenhams, Queensmere Shopping Centre, High Street, Slough, from 9.30am-6pm.
● Royal Windsor Information Centre in Windsor Royal Station, from 9.30am-5pm.
● Slough Library, High Street, from 9am-7pm.
● The Co-operative Funeral Services in Parlaunt Road, Langley, High Street, Maidenhead, and Dedworth Road, Windsor, from 9am-4pm in all locations.
● The Firestation Centre for Arts and Culture, in St Leonard's Road, Windsor, from 10am-midnight.