Controversial plans for Montem Primary School set to be approved next week
- Cippenham Primary School pupil's balloon is top news after landing in Germany
- EXCLUSIVE: Residents furious over school expansion plans
- Slough Borough Council step in to save Cippenham buses
- Councillor Rob Anderson - move may 'kill off' Slough Town FC's homecoming
- School dinners healthier than packed lunches
CONTROVERSIAL school expansion plans proposing an entrance in a cul-de-sac street are set to be approved by the borough's planning panel next week.
The proposals for a new school building at Montem Primary School in Chalvey Grove with a new parking area with access off Weekes Drive will be presented to Slough Borough Council's Planning Committee on Thursday (26/7) at The Centre, in Farnham Road, from 6.30pm.
A petition with 248 names objecting the use of Weekes Drive as access to the school extension has been submitted to the council. Objections include the road is too narrow for an increase in traffic, increased pollution and increased congestion.
The proposals are recommended for approval with conditions.