Budget for chief executive more than doubled in new plan
- Landlords to face energy ratings fine in new crackdown
- Council's top earners revealed in Town Hall Rich List
- Prospective Khalsa free school parents set up a campaign group to fight for Stoke Poges site
- Langley cycle lanes explained after concerns from baffled residents
- School campaigners make their message clear by staying silent
SLOUGH Borough Council's budget for the chief executive directorate will be more than doubled.
The budget, which was £657,000 last year, will rise to £1.5m as part of the council's corporate plan - passed by full council at The Centre, in Farnham Road, on Tuesday.
A council official said the directorate has taken control of more services - including policy - and the funds have been allocated from other directorates.
The directorate currently provides services including communications and freedom of information requests.