MP helps steer our toy appeal to success
Published: 27 Nov 2012 11:000 comments
Slough MP Fiona Mactaggart has again added her support to the annual appeal and kindly donated a remote control Aston Martin DBS Coupe.
She said: "Christmas is a time when most of us can celebrate with our families, and I would like to thank The Observer for giving me a chance to help a child who can't have a great time with their family at Christmas. I hope everyone who can, contributes to your appeal."
New, unwrapped toys for babies, children and teenagers are needed to help put a smile on the faces of youngsters dealing with difficult family circumstances this Christmas.
Gifts will be donated to organisations including social services in Slough, South Bucks and the Royal Borough, Berkshire East and South Bucks Women's Aid - a charity which helps victims of domestic abuse - and Alexander Devine Children's Hospice Service.
Gift ideas for younger children include toys, games, books, crafts, crayons and colouring books and clothes for babies and young children and for teenagers vouchers, toiletries, footballs and jewellery. Please include any necessary batteries.
Various drop-off points have been arranged and will be added to.
To become a drop-off point, call Gurpreet Samrai on 01753 627226.
Drop-off points so far include:
* The Observer offices, Unit B2 Deseronto Trading Estate, St Mary's Road, Langley, from 9am-6pm Mondays to Fridays
* The third floor of Debenham's in the Queensmere Shopping Centre, High Street, Slough, from 9.30am-5.30pm Mondays to Thursdays, 9.30am-6pm on Fridays. 9am-6pm on Saturdays and Sundays from 10.30am-4.30pm.
* Royal Windsor Information Centre in Windsor Royal Station, from 9.30am-5pm Mondays to Saturdays and 10am-4pm on Sundays.
* Slough Library, High Street, Slough, 9am-5pm on Mondays and Thursdays, 9am-7pm on Tuesdays and Fridays, 9.30am-7pm on Wednesdays and 9am-4pm on Saturdays.
* The Legoland Big Shop, Winkfield Road, Windsor, every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, from 10am-4pm from November 9 to December 2,
* The Co-operative Funeral Services is Parlaunt Road, Langley, High Street, Maidenhead, and Dedworth Road, Windsor, from 9am-4pm.
The deadline for donations is Friday, December 7.
* The Firestation Centre for Arts and Culture, in St Leonard's Road, Windsor, from 10am-midnight from Mondays to Saturdays and 10am-10.30pm on Sundays.