SLOUGH Town failed to rise to the challenge of hitting top gear when being held to a 1-1 draw at Daventry Town on Saturday.

In an exclusive interview with the Observer last week, Rebels boss Steve Bateman challenged his players to raise their game and go on to lift the Southern Division One Central title.

But Bateman's men were held to a draw by Daventry and, coupled with St. Neots Town's comfortable 3-0 victory at AFC Hayes, now sit two points behind the pre-season favourites having played a game more.

Dennis Greene's Saints' would stretch their lead to five points with victory at Daventry Tuesday night.

Adam Confue fired Daventry into a 14th minute before the usually clinical Danny Burnell saw his penalty kick saved by Joe Mellings after Lloyd Owusu was fouled inside the box by the Town goalkeeper.

Owusu restored parity with a powerful header in the 56th minute, his first goal since returning to the club earlier this month.

Both sides created chances to steal the win but Melling and Slough stopper James Warrington were not to be beaten and both sides had to settle for a share of the points.

Third placed Beaconsfield SYCOB put last week's 4-0 defeat at Biggleswade Town behind them to draw 1-1 with fellow promotion challengers Bedworth United at Holloways Park.

Yiadom Yeboah gave the hosts an 11th minute lead but Mitchell Piggon levelled five minutes into the second half.

Ten-man Burnham recorded their third win in five matches with a 1-0 victory against Aylesbury at The Gore to move up to 12th in Division One.

The Blues were fortunate to take the lead inside five minutes when Kieron Knight's shot was saved by Aylesbury stopper Rhys Marshall before going in off David King.

Moles' loanee Ryan Black fired against the post on 20 minutes and their chances of snatching something from the game improved 12 minutes from time when Burnham's Ryan Bird was sent off for a second bookable offence.

But Martin Stone's men held out to earn three points that see them move closer to mid-table.

The Blues are in Wycombe Cup semi-finals action against Amersham Town at The Gore on Monday night (7:45pm).

After consecutive defeats all but ended their chances of winning the Combined Counties Premier Division, Windsor FC got back to winning ways with a 2-0 victory over Croydon at Stag Meadow.

Croydon's Jason Thompson was unfortunate to be sent off in an incident involving Ben Porter inside the penalty box shortly before half-time.

But Ryan O'Toole's tame spot kick was well saved by Francis Ameyaw in the visitor's goal.

The returning Jake Parsons and Ryan Ashe struck a post apiece before Ashe finally put Windsor ahead with a low drive in the 56th minute.

And Michael Chennells sealed the points when finishing Rob Lazarczuk's cross five minutes from time.

Keith Scott's men are in Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy semi-finals action on Tuesday at Abingdon Town (7:45pm).

Finally, Holyport failed to end Slimbridge's 12-match unbeaten run in the Hellenic Premier Division when slipping to a 1-0 loss at Summerleaze.

A scuffed effort from captain Marvin Roberts that went in off the post in the 24th minute was the difference between the two sides.

The Villagers will bid to get back to winning ways at local rivals Wokingham & Emmbrook on Tuesday night (7:45pm).

**PICK UP A COPY OF FRIDAY'S OBSERVER FOR FULL MATCH REPORTS & ALL THE REACTION FROM YOUR CLUB** **SLOUGH Town FC are unveiling plans for their new football stadium on the former Arbour Vale School site on Friday and Saturday.

The exhibition will take place at the West Wings Arts Centre on Stoke Road, Slough between 11am-8pm on Friday and 10am-4pm on Saturday.

Representatives of Paradigm Housing, Slough Town FC and Slough Borough Council will be in attendance.**