EXCLUSIVE: TV beckons for George Michael Carman
Exclusive by Rob Stevens • Published 19 Nov 2012 12:22 0 Comments
click to enlarge
Like father like son: George Carman Snr, right, with son George Michael Carman.
- George Michael Carman - We will not rush into anything
- EXCLUSIVE: Boxing sensation George Michael Carman clinches second world youth title
- George Michael Carman targets third world title
- EXCLUSIVE: John Saunders amongst the stars on the undercard
- EXCLUSIVE: Boxer George Michael Carman is on top of the world
NEW IBO Light Welterweight World Youth Champion George Michael Carman will relish the limelight of boxing live on television - according to his father George Carman Snr.
The young boxing sensation became a double world youth champion following a unanimous points win against Adam Mate at The Centre, Slough 12-days ago.
And Carman Snr - who also acts as the champions promoter - announced his son cannot wait to return to televised ringside action.
Speaking exclusively to the Observer Carman Snr said: "George Michael likes the
"He cannot wait to box on tv again and show people how good he is. We want to go onwards and upwards.
"We will have a chat with Barry Hearn and hopefully fight on sky next time, that is what we want to do.
"We want live targets, we do not want people who come to lose.
"We want to bring the best out of George."
** PICK up a copy of the Observer on Friday for the full, exclusive interview with George Carman Snr **
** FOLLOW the Observer on Twitter @Observer_sports **