SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - BECMEAD AVENUENotice ID: WAT1393857
SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - BECMEAD AVENUE
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate utility works.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Becmead Avenue) Temporary Traffic Order 2019, and would be operational on 21st October 2019 and would remain in effect until 24th November 2019 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 24th October 2019.
2. Vehicles would be prohibited from entering or exiting Becmead Avenue between its junction with Kingshill Avenue and Hughenden Avenue.
3. Nothing in paragraph 2 above would apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the utility works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
4. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
5. Diversion route via Kingshill Avenue, St Leonards Avenue, Hillbury Avenue and Willowcourt Avenue and vice versa.
Dated 10th October 2019 Ian Slaney
Head of Service - Parking & Network Management,
PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA