SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - PALMERSTON ROAD AND MASONS AVENUENotice ID: WAT1410264
SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - PALMERSTON ROAD AND MASONS AVENUE
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they have made a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate multi utility works to take place.
1. The order shall be cited as The Harrow (Palmerston Road and Masons Avenue) Temporary Traffic Order 2019, and shall be operational on 21st October 2019 and would remain in effect until 30th November 2019 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all works will be complete by 25th October 2019.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from entering;
(a) Palmerston Road at its junction with George Gange Way;
(b) Masons Avenue at its junction with Christchurch Avenue and Byron Road.
3. Nothing in paragraph 2 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the multi utility works.
4. The provisions of the order shall not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
5. Diversion via - (a) Palmerston Road, High Street, Masons Avenue (b) Byron Road, Oxford Road, Palmerston Road, High Street
Dated 17th October 2019
Ian Slaney, Head of Parking and Network Management, Commissioning Services, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA