London Borough of Harrow Streatfield Road Local Safety Scheme - Queensbury The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 2018Notice ID: WAT1486589
London Borough of Harrow Streatfield Road Local Safety Scheme - Queensbury The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 2018
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the London Borough of Harrow proposes to construct flat top road hump junction entry treatments at the following locations; Portland Crescent and Langland Crescent at their junctions with Streatfield Road; 75mm high, full carriageway width, with lengths extending 6 metres into the western arm of Portland Crescent, 6 metres into Langland Crescent, and into the eastern arm of Portland Crescent, to the boundary of Nos. 9 and 11 Portland Crescent. This road hump will also extend into the northern service road of Streatfield Road, to outside No. 181 Streatfield Road. A widened kerb build-out is also proposed at the entrance to the service road, narrowing the service road at this point, by approximately 2.60 metres.
2. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow proposes to make the above mentioned order under Sections 6, 7, 124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and all other enabling powers.
3. The Harrow (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 2019, proposes to introduce at any time waiting restrictions on the north side of Streatfield Road, between the bus stop clearway outside No. 177A Streatfield Road, to a point
10 metres east of its junction with the eastern arm of Portland Crescent. Double yellow lines are proposed in Portland Crescent, between the common boundary of Nos. 237 and 239 Portland Crescent and the south-eastern extremity of the proposed junction closure. The proposed entry treatment at the eastern arm of Portland Crescent and the service road build-out, are all proposed to be protected by at any time waiting restrictions.
4. The restrictions referred to in this notice would not apply in respect of anything done at the direction of a police constable in uniform or with the permission of a civil enforcement officer or other person authorised by the Council or in certain circumstances, such as the picking up or setting down of passengers, or the carrying out of statutory powers or duties. The usual exemption relating to vehicles lawfully displaying a disabled person's "Blue Badge" would apply.
5. A copy of the proposed orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the orders are available for inspection between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday at the Civic Centre, until the expiration of a period of 21 days from the date on which this notice is published. Further information can be obtained by telephoning the Project Officer, Johann Alles on 020 8736 6816 or by visiting the traffic order page at
or by QR code on this notice.
6. All objections and other representations relating to the proposed orders must be made in writing and received at the address given below quoting reference DP2019-23 not later than IS1" December 2019. All objections must specify the grounds on which they are made. Email:
Dated 28th November 2019
Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA