London Borough of Harrow Emissions based Permit Charging for Parking PlacesNotice ID: WAT1625588
London Borough of Harrow Emissions based Permit Charging for Parking Places
The Harrow (Parking Places) Traffic Order 2020
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow has made the above mentioned order under Sections 45, 46, 47, 124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and all other enabling powers.
2. The Harrow (Parking Places) Traffic Order 2020 introduces an emissions based charging structure for all on-street parking permits. A new trader's permit is provided to allow visiting tradesmen to park in Controlled Parking Zones when visiting properties and conducting works. The new permit charges structure can be found in the Schedule to this notice.
3. The consolidation of the parking places traffic order is being used as an opportunity to remove the only existing business permit only parking place in the borough, outside the former medical centre at 43 Butler Avenue. This parking place is now redundant following the closure of the centre. Due to business permit holders being able to park in regular permit bays, the Council will no longer provide dedicated business permit holder only parking places. The structure of The Harrow (Parking Places) Traffic Order 2020 reflects this proposed change.
4. A copy of the order, which will come into operation on 1 st April 2020, including documents giving more particulars of the order, are available for inspection at request between 9am and 5pm, Mondays to Fridays at the One Stop Shop at the Civic Centre, until 6 weeks from the date on which the order was made.
5. If any person wishes to question the validity of the order or its provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the Act or of any instrument made under the Act has not been complied with, that person may, within six weeks of the date on which the order is made, apply for the purpose to the High Court. A copy of this notice may be viewed at www.harrow.gov.uk/trafficorders or by scanning the QR code below.
Dated 27th February 2020
David Eaglesham - Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management .
Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PDF BELOW TO VIEW THE DETAILS