LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW THE HARROW (FREE PARKING PLACES) (DISABLED PERSONS) EXPERIMENTAL TRAFFIC ORDER 2020Notice ID: WAT1771399
LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW THE HARROW (FREE PARKING PLACES) (DISABLED PERSONS) EXPERIMENTAL TRAFFIC ORDER 2020
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow on 29 June 2020 made the above mentioned order under Section 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the Order will be to:
a. designate a free parking place in the service road fronting No. 179 to 219 Streatfield Road, the north side, adjacent No. 183, for vehicles displaying a valid disabled person's badge (commonly referred to as "the Blue Badge");
b. provide that the parking places will operate "at any time";
3. A copy of the order, which will come into operation on 9 July 2020, of a map of the relevant area, the notice of making and of the Council's statement of reasons for making the Order, can all be inspected on the Harrow Council website at
trafficorders, until the expiration of a period of six months from the date on which the order was made.
4. The Order has provided that in pursuance of section 10(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the Council's Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management or some person authorised in that behalf by him, may, if it appears to him or that person essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement ?f traffic or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by this Order runs, modify or suspend this Order or any provision thereof.
5. The Council will be considering in due course whether the provisions of the Experimental Order should be continued in force indefinitely by means of Order made under section 6 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. Any person may object to the making of an Order for the purpose of such indefinite continuation within a period of six months beginning from the date on which the Experimental Order came into force, or if an Experimental Order is varied or modified, beginning with the date on which such variation or modification came into force. Any objection must be in writing stating the grounds on which it is made and sent to the Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management at the address below quoting reference 2020-15.
Dated 2 July 2020
Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management Community Directorate
PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA