SECTION 14(1 )(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY FOOTPATH CLOSURE -URBAN FOOTPATH NO. 3Notice ID: WAT1805691
SECTION 14(1 )(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY FOOTPATH CLOSURE -URBAN FOOTPATH NO. 3
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management Order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to allow utility works to take place.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Urban Footpath No.3) Temporary Traffic Order 2020, and would become operational between 08:00hrs and 18:00hrs on 25th August 2020, and remain in effect for a maximum legal duration of 6 months,
or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that the work should be complete by 2nd September 2020.
2. The provisions of the order would temporarily close Urban Footpath No. 3 between a point opposite the northern boundary of No. 149 Alexandra Avenue and a point opposite the western boundary of No. 6 Windsor Close.
3. Nothing in paragraph 2 above would apply to:-
(a) prevent any person from proceeding along the said footpath in connection with the utility works;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform, or to any person performing their duty for the Police, Fire Brigade or Ambulance services.
4. The provisions of the order would not have effect unless all the necessary signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed, or covered where appropriate. The provisions of the order may also be effective at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden or a civil enforcement officer.
5. Diversion route: Pedestrians should take Alexandra Avenue, Tregenna Avenue and Windsor Crescent and vice versa.
Dated 6th August 2020
Head of Service - Parking & Network Management, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA