SECTION 14(1 )(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - BALFOUR ROADNotice ID: WAT1826707
SECTION 14(1 )(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - BALFOUR ROAD
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate the utility works.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Balfour Road) Temporary Traffic Order 2020 and shall be operational from 08:00hrs on 1st September 2020 and shall remain in effect until 4th October 2020 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 4th September 2020.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from entering or exiting Balfour Road between its junctions with Harrow View and Salisbury Road.
3. Vehicles shall be prohibited from waiting or loading, at any time, when signs are in place on Balfour Road, between a point 20.00 metres east of a point opposite the extended eastern kerb-line of Salisbury Road and a point opposite the eastern boundary of No. 2B Balfour Road.
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with traffic island works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
5. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
6. Diversion route via Harrow View, Hindes Road & Salisbury Road and vice versa.
Dated 27th August 2020
Head of Service - Parking & Network Management
PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA