SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - CANNON LANENotice ID: WAT0174425
SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - CANNON LANE
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they have made a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to allow for telecommunication works to take place.
1. The order shall be cited as The Harrow (Cannon Lane) Temporary Traffic Order 2017, and would be operational between 08:00 and 18:00hrs on 17th May 2017 and shall remain in effect until 24th August 2017 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 19th May 2017.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from entering or exiting Cannon Lane at its junction with Eastcote Road.
3. Nothing in paragraph 2 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the telecommunication works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
4. The provisions of the order shall not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
5. Diversion routes - via Eastcote Road, Lyncroft Avenue, Cannon Lane and vice versa.
Dated 11th May 2017
Head of Parking & Network Management, Community Directorate PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 2XA