TEMPORARY BANNED TURN MALVERN AVENUENotice ID: WAT0270448
PUBLIC NOTICE SECTION 14(1)(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY BANNED TURN - MALVERN AVENUE
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate gas mains renewals.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Malvern Avenue) Temporary Traffic Order 2017, and shallbe operational from 08:00hrs on 21st August 2017 and shall remain in effect until 21st October 2017 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 21st September 2017.
2. Vehicles shal lbe prohibited from turning;
(i) right into Malvern Avenue from Alexandra Avenue;
(ii) left into Malvern Avenue from Alexandra Avenue.
3. Nothing in paragraph 2 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the gas mains renewals.
4. The provisions of the order shallnot have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden.
5. Diversion route - via Minehead Road and Merlins Avenue.
Dated 17th August 2017 Ian Slaney, Service Manager -Network Management, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA