SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991Notice ID: WAT0349557
SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY FOOTPATH CLOSURE -URBAN FOOTPATH 129A
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management Order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to allow the renewal of lighting columns.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Urban Footpath No. 129a) Temporary Traffic Order 2017, and would become operational on 9th November 2017, and remain in effect for a maximum legal duration of 6 months, or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that the work should be complete by 24th November 2017.
2. The provisions of the order would temporarily close Urban Footpath No. 129a between Rayners Lane and Apple Grove.
3. Nothing in paragraph 2 above would apply to:-
(a) prevent any person from proceeding along the said footpath in connection with the lighting renewals;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform, or to any person performing their duty for the Police, Fire Brigade or Ambulance services.
4. The provisions of the order would not have effect unless all the necessary signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed, or covered where appropriate. The provisions of the order may also be effective at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden or a civil enforcement officer.
5. Diversion route: Pedestrians should take Rayners Lane, Karma Way, Urban Footpath 1, Twyford Road, Strongbridge Close and Apple Grove and vice versa.
Dated 26th October 2017
Ian Slaney, Service Manager - Network Management, Environment and Enterprise, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA