TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - MARYATT AVENUE & AUSTEN ROADNotice ID: WAT0428719
SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - MARYATT AVENUE & AUSTEN ROAD
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate utility works.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Maryatt Avenue & Austen Road) Temporary Traffic Order 2017, and shall be operational from 08:00am on 8th January 2018 and shall remain in effect until 28th April 2018 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 28th February 2018.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from entering or exiting;
(i) Maryatt Avenue, between its junctions with Elliot Drive/Austen Road and the southern arm of Maryatt Avenue;
(ii) Austen Road, between its junction with Elliot Drive/Maryatt Avenue and the southern boundary wall of No. 12 Austen Road;
(iii) Elliot Drive, between its junction with Maryatt Avenue/Austen Road and Blossom Avenue.
3. Nothing in paragraph 2 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the utility works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
4. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
5. Diversion route via Scott Crescent, Coles Crescent and Rayners Lane and vice versa.
Dated 4th January 2018 Ian Slaney Head of Parking & Network Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA