SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES AND NO WAITING AND NO LOADING RESTRICTIONS -CYCLE ROUTE PROJECT 1Notice ID: WAT0793673
SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES AND NO WAITING AND NO LOADING RESTRICTIONS -CYCLE ROUTE PROJECT 1
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to allow for bus priority and local safety improvement works.
1. This order may be cited as The Harrow (Cycle Route Project 1) Temporary Traffic Order 2018, and shall be operational from 24th September 2018 and shall remain in effect until 30th January 2019 or until the completion of the works, whichever is sooner.
2. Vehicles would be prohibited from entering or exiting, on the following roads, at any time, as and when signs are in place. Each road will be closed in phases during the different stages of works to minimise traffic disruption.
Rayners Lane - closed between its junctions with Whittington Road roundabout and Lincoln Road
Whittington Way, Compton Rise and Rayners Lane
Cecil Park (northern junction)
- closed at its junction with Marsh Road
Marsh Road and Cecil Park
3. Vehicles would be prohibited from waiting or loading at any time, as and when signs are in place on both sides of Marsh Road between a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 23 and 25 Marsh Road and a point opposite the common boundary of Nos. 145 and 147 Marsh Road.
4. The provisions of the order would temporarily close Urban Footpath No. 57 from rear of 12 Kingsley Road to 134a Cambridge Road.
5. Nothing in paragraph 2 above would apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the bus priority and safety works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
6. The provisions of the order would not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
Dated 13th September 2018
Ian Slaney - Head of Parking and Network Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA