MESSAGES on social media have described shock and anger following the ‘senseless and violent’ murder of an 18-year-old man.

Wa-ays Dhaye - known as ‘Bigs’ - from Slough, died at Wexham Park Hospital on Monday night, having suffered serious injuries during a knife attack in Manor Park, Slough.

Kamal Sagoo, a resident in Waterbeach Road, witnessed the aftermath of the attack

The mother-of-two said: “I looked out the window and there were more than eight police cars and two ambulances.They were resuscitating someone on the ground on the corner.

“It was like a [television] crime scene out here, the police were looking around the streets with their torches. It was so scary to watch

Mrs Sagoo added: “I left Kenya because of these things and now I see the same thing in front of my house. I don’t know what’s happening.

It is believed Mr Dhaye made his way home alone from Notting Hill Carnival, a group of  at least three men repeatedly stabbed Mr Dhaye at the junction of Thurston Road and Waterbeach Road, at around 11.10pm.

A post-mortem carried out on Tuesday afternoon confirmed he died from multiple stab wounds

Mr Dhaye had recently received his A-level results from Beechwood School and was set to go to university to study computer science

Kathleen Higgins, school headteacher, said: “Wa-ays was a truly lovely and popular young man. In Year 13 he was extremely hard working and determined to achieve the very best results possible.

“When he received his results in August we were all incredibly proud of him. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this incredibly difficult time.”

Senior investigating officer, detective chief inspector Simon Steel has confirmed the murder is not being linked to an assault that occurred in Salt Hill Park on Friday night

He said: “A young man has lost his life in a senseless and violent attack and his family and friends deserve to know what happened to him and to see those responsible brought to justice

“I believe there are local people out there who know who is responsible for Wa-ays's death or who may have information about what happened. I would urge these people to come forward.

“Any detail, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could greatly help with the investigation.”

Mr Dhaye had travelled from London to Slough Railway Station at around 10.30pm on Monday and is thought to have walked home from there via the crossroads between Stoke Poges Lane, Oatlands Drive and Elliman Avenue, then possibly into Mildenhall Road and up to Thurston Road where the attack took place

He was Somalian, approximately 5ft 11ins, large build, with short black hair and was wearing a dark grey Stone Island jumper, a black North Face body warmer, blue jeans and trainers.

He may have been using his white earphones

Superintendent Simon Bowden, local police area commander for Slough, said: “Specially trained officers are supporting the victim’s family and loved ones

"My officers and I convey our sincerest condolences to them at this enormously traumatic time.”

Call 101 quoting reference 1379 (31/8) or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

A witness appeal video from Supt Simon Bowden has been released by Thames Valley Police: