Get your chimneys swept.

That was the advice from firefighters this week after they spent two hours putting a chimney fire out in a house in Bath Road, Colnbrook.

They were called at 4.15am this morning after the family was awoken by smoke.

The situation was complicated by the fact that there was a wood burner rather than an open fireplace - with a tiny flue at the top leading to the chimney and a plate at the bottom to collect soot that was hard to get to.

Firefighters were on the scene for two hours and made the chimney safe.