Whether its pubs being knocked down to be turned into housing developments or flats or renovated into restaurants, we've taken a look back at some of Slough's long lost pubs.



Over the years, some of our much-loved locals are no more and sadly many of us would have enjoyed having a drink there to this day.


Olympic lake site forced to close by drunken and anti-social behaviour

Thames Water urges residents to save water amid huge demand during driest ever May

The pubs listed below were documented on lostpubs.co.uk. 

You can see a full list here.

The Printers Devil

Slough Observer:

The Printers Devil was situated on Stoke Road. This pub is now used as solicitors offices. It was known as The Brickmakers Arms, in commemoration of the local brickfields.

The Swan

Slough Observer:

The Swan was situated on Lower Cippenham Lane. This pub has now been converted into seven apartments called Swan Place.

Somerset Arms

Slough Observer:

The Somerset Arms was situated on William Street.

The Golden Eagle

Slough Observer:

The Golden Eagle was situated on the High Street. Known locally as The Little Eagle.

The Queen Of England

Slough Observer:

The Queen Of England was situated at 54 Park Street. This pub is now used as an Indian restaurant.

The Royal Oak 

Slough Observer:

The Royal Oak was situated on the High Street.

The Pied Horse

Slough Observer:

The Pied Horse was situated on the High Street.

The Red Lion

Slough Observer:

The Red Lion was situated on the High Street. This pub closed in 1935.