SLOUGH Jets remain without a win in the National Ice Hockey League Cup this season after defeats to London Haringey Racers and Swindon Wildcats.

Jets were thrashed 10-1 by London at The Hanger on Saturday evening, and then went down 3-1 at Wildcats’ Link Centre on Sunday.

The results mean Slough are rooted to the bottom of the four-team group – NIHL S2 Group A – with their chances of qualification fading fast.

It was a satisfying evening for London, who were recording a third win on the bounce with ex-Jet Josh Ealey-Newman starring with a hat-trick.

The night did not start well for Ealey-Newman after he was goaded into a 10th minute misconduct penalty by members of his former team.

A very bitty first period took a while to settle down with a Perry Richardson goal in the 11th minute the only score.

London soon took command of the second period with Matt Brown netting on the rebound three minutes in.

Ben Osborne then scored a wonderful goal, picking up a pass from Conor Sheehan and showing great close control to waltz around the Slough defence.

Thirty seconds later Drew Campbell netted a fourth goal, which was almost as good.

The away team put the match to bed with three quick goals late in the middle period.

Ealey-Newman opened his account with a low shot, and then added a second after good work from James Buckingham to break forward.

Richardson added the seventh, set up by Dan Clayton in front of goal.

Jets broke the Racers shout-out with a goal from Rob Johnston early in the third period, but there was to be no fight back.

Ealey-Newman made no mistake having been put clean through by Josh Abbott.

Nice interplay between Richardson and Brown saw the latter grab the ninth goal, and Campbell made it 10-1 a minute from time.

SLOUGH Jets dropped to the bottom of the Group A table after a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Swindon Wildcats 2 on Sunday evening.

Jets looked short on numbers with just 11 skaters and two goalies on the ice, but the score remain deadlocked for the majority of the first period.

It was left to Swindon captain Loris Taylor to cannon off an unassisted slap-shot from the top of the circle to get his side off the mark on 18 minutes.

With Wildcats a player down on the ice, Slough added to their lead with a goal you do not tend to see often at National League level.

A soft shot from outside the blue line from skipper James Sanderson somehow sneaked past the glove of Liam McGuire to tie the score.

When Shaun Starsmeare sat out a two-minute elbowing penalty, Wildcats’ discipline was starting to fall away with the scores tied at one-each.

However, a quick turnover in defence allowed Kyle Smith to score a breakaway goal in the 35th minute, assisted by Dan Sullivan.

The final period saw Swindon looking to take advantage of some exhausted legs, and Slough were a player down as Johnston took a holding penalty.

A well worked powerplay goal saw Taylor find the back of the net on 49 minutes, assisted by brother Shannon Taylor and Ben Nethersell.