SLOUGH Town extended their unbeaten run in the Southern Premier Division to seven matches after a 3-0 win against Weymouth at Arbour Park on Saturday.

The Rebels returned to league action for the first time since October 24 and after four consecutive cup matches but kept their focus for a comfortable win.

Goals from George Wells and James Dobson gave Slough a clear lead heading into the half-time break, before substitute Josh Jackman secured the points four minutes from time.

Tickets for the FA Cup second round tie against Rochdale went on sale on Saturday and 923 supporters came to Arbour Park to purchase theirs. It is Slough’s biggest attendance for a league match this season.

Slough joint-manager Neil Baker told the Observer: “I’m delighted. I wanted to come back with three points and we played well, especially in the first half.

“We moved the ball after the first 10 minutes, but Weymouth started well, then we got on top and kept the ball really well.

“We did not create lots of chances but we were just very patient, and we kept our shape in the second-half and didn’t look like conceding too often.

“We could have had one or two more goals so we’re absolutely delighted. There was another good crowd here and it’s another three points.

“We’re very light in the squad, we’ve only got 14. Guy Hollis was touch and go to play but he didn’t train so we decided not to risk him.

“We’ve got to wrap them in cotton wool at the moment because Manny Williams, Brad Wadkins, Gavin James, Alan Inns and Harrison Gilkes are not near fitness at the moment.

“We’ve just got to do whatever we can and put in a seven-day approach for a player and we will have to wait and see on that one.”

He continued: “It was important that we got the two goals and we fully deserved it in the first half.

“After the euphoria of the FA Cup and getting through in the FA Trophy you wonder if the boys are going to take their eyes off the ball, but we have a good set of players here and they all want to win every game they play.

“They were professional on Saturday, they worked hard and Simon Dunn was absolutely fantastic. It is great to see him back because he’s been out for five weeks so it’s brilliant for him.

“We’re in a strong position so at the moment we’ve got to keep in touch with King’s Lynn Town and I’m sure we will be there or thereabouts.”

Baker added: “On Saturday everyone was talking about tickets for the FA Cup game and players have had to sort theirs out, so you could see why people might take their eyes off the ball a little bit.

“But, the players are relatively level-headed and they just looked to play. They’re good players so you can almost put the FA Cup in one box and leave it, and that’s what they’ve been doing all season and fair play to them because it’s difficult.

“Jon Underwood and I are excited for the FA Cup game and you can’t help but think about it, what’s going to happen and all that kind of stuff.

“But at the same time we’re both very focused and both turned up on Saturday with our minds on three points.

“We made a point of not talking about the FA Cup in the team-talk and it was very much a case of Weymouth, and that’s the way it’s got to be.”

Check out the Observer sports Facebook page. Search: Robert Observer Sport and like, follow and share today.