SLOUGH Town have completed back-to-back wins in the Southern Premier Division after a 2-1 victory against St Neots Town on Saturday.

The Rebels won at Kings Langley in their previous match and doubled up with victory at Arbour Park. It is the first time Slough have won consecutive league games in four weeks.

Perry Coles is a recent addition to the squad and he bagged his first goal for the club after just 27 seconds on Saturday.

The striker scored his second on 44 minutes, before Nabil Shariff pulled a goal back for St Neots in time added on at the end of the first half.

Slough joint-manager Neil Baker told the Observer: “We knew it would not be an easy game but it was a good positive win.

“We started really well and for the first 20-25 minutes we were very good before the game got a little scrappy and bitty.

“There was a strong wind that had an effect but we were two goals ahead before conceding one right on half-time.

“We had a brilliant chance for a third goal at the start of the second-half, which we didn’t take, but I’m happy that we were able to see the game out.

Slough Observer:

PHOTO: Perry Coles (right) celebrate after opening the scoring inside 60 seconds at Arbour Park.

“We did miss a few chances, but St Neots were always in the game and missed a few chances as well.”

Commenting on the home debut of Coles, he added: “Perry would not mind me saying that he should have had a hat-trick.

“He was through on goal and read what the keeper was going to do, but he missed an open goal and hit the post. However, it was good to see him get into those opportunities.

“We said we wanted 10 goals from Perry in the last 17 games. That’s his mini-target and he expects to beat that.”

Baker was dismissed from the dugout during the second half, his first-ever red card as a manager, but he insists Slough should have been awarded a penalty.

He explained: “We had a penalty turned down and it was a poor decision. We appealed but the linesman said he thought it was an accident.

“We made a bit of an appeal but didn’t swear and had almost calmed down when the ball went out of play and the referee came over to show me a red card.

“It’s the first time I’ve been sent off in my managerial career but I’m not happy because the referee could not be sure.

Slough Observer:

PHOTO: Chris Flood (right) shoots into a crowded penalty area on Saturday.

“I hope there will be no retrospective punishment and that my previous good behaviour will stand me in good stead, but we will see what the FA have to say.”

The Rebels saw their league fixture at Royston Town postponed due to a frozen pitch at Garden Walk on Tuesday.

Slough are currently in sixth position in the league table and a point behind the play-off spots ahead of a trip to fourth-placed Weymouth this Saturday (3pm).

Check out the Observer sports Facebook page. Search: Robert Observer Sport and like, follow and share today.