SLOUGH Town completed a hat-trick of wins in the National League this season after a 4-2 victory at Eastbourne Borough on Saturday.

The Rebels have been growing in confidence in recent weeks and the win at Priory Lane moves them into the play-off spots.

The visitors suffered a blow inside the first 10 minutes when captain Mark Nisbet was shown a straight red card for committing a foul as the last defender.

However, the 10 men of Slough broke the deadlock in the 16th minute as Matthew Stevens turned in a low cross from James Dobson - his first goal for the club.

The Rebels doubled their advantage when Stevens headed another Dobson cross into the bottom corner just four minutes later.

The visitors were presented the chance to make it 3-0 when Josh Jackman was fouled inside the box. Dobson stepped up to score from the penalty spot on 31 minutes.

A member of the Eastbourne management team was sent from the dugout moments later.

Eastbourne pulled a goal back seconds before the break as Charlie Walker headed into the bottom corner.

Stevens, on loan from Peterborough United, completed his hat-trick when racing through on goal and coolly finishing past the keeper in the 62nd minute.

The home side responded to pull another back through Dean Cox just two minutes later, and were unfortunate not to score again when an overhead kick came back off the crossbar.

The win means the Rebels have moved up three places to 10th position in the league table.

Slough turn their attention to the FA Cup and second qualifying round tie at home against Sholing from the Wessex League Premier Division this Saturday (3pm).

Burnham have exited the FA Vase this season after a 3-2 defeat at Wellingborough Town in the second qualifying round on Saturday.

Wellingborough, from the United Counties Premier Division, won at the Dog & Duck ground thanks to goals from Roy Johnson, Lloyd Buckbee and Adam Sleight.

Ashley James, who won the Vase last season with Thatcham Town, and James Tripp were on target for The Blues.

Burnham return to action in Hellenic Division One East with a visit to The Gore from league leaders AFC Aldermaston on Tuesday (7.45pm).

The Blues turn their attention to the FA Cup and a second qualifying round tie at Billericay Town from the National League South this Saturday (3pm).

Chalvey Sports have made progress in the Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy this season after a 4-3 win against Westwood United.

The Stabmonks won the first round tie at Arbour Park thanks to a hat-trick from Ryan Hazell plus a Tom Williams strike.

Chalvey return to action in Hellenic Division One East with a trip to Wokingham & Emmbrook on Tuesday (7.45pm), before travelling to Aldermaston this Saturday (3pm).

Grab a copy of the Observer this Friday for match reports, pictures and reaction.