SLOUGH Town’s winless run in National League South extended to six matches after a 2-2 home draw against play-off chasing Dartford.

But it could have been worse for the Rebels who took an early lead and then had to come from behind to secure a point at Arbour Park.

The home side – boosted by a crowd of more than 700 – handed a debut to new signing Billy Clifford, who has joined on loan from Billericay Town for the rest of the season.

And Neil Baker and John Underwood’s hosts got off to a dream start by taking the lead inside the first minute.

A cheeky backheel from Manny Williams found Ben Harris who took a touch before firing low past Bailey Vose.

Rebels threatened to double their lead with Harris failing to connect with a Sean Fraser cross in a dangerous position and Matt Lench volleying over from the edge of the box.

However, Dartford regrouped and, after new signing Darren McQueen had gone close, they equalised in the 13th minute.

McQueen was the architect with quick feet before crossing for Ben Greenhalgh to convert from close range.

Slough remained a threat and began to dominate as Clifford, who grew up in the town, sent a header over the bar from a Warren Harris cross before George Wells stung Vose’s hands from long range.

But Rebels’ luck was out when Lench delivered a superb cross which Warren Harris could only direct against the crossbar.

Slough continued to put Dartford under pressure as a stinging volley from Williams was hacked off the line by Robbie Vint.

But the first half ended on a sour note as Ben Harris was forced off after an accidental collision with Lench – only for his replacement, Chris Flood, to succumb to a thigh injury and fail to reappear for the second period, with Tommy Wood coming on instead.

Dartford were quickly on the front foot as a cross from the pacey McQueen was headed over by Phil Roberts.

The visitors then took a controversial lead in the 57th minute when referee Tom Bishop gave them a fre kick Slough felt should have gone the other wat for a foul on Clifford.

To rub salt into Rebels’ wounds, Roberts then set up the unmarked McQueen for a simple tap in and a 2-1 lead.

Yet Slough refused to lie down and got themselves back on level terms three minutes later through an unlikely source.

Sean Fraser collected a Warren Harris pass before firing through Vose’s legs for the full-back’s fifth goal in 302 Rebels appearances.

It led to a wide opening finish with chances at both ends as Clifford and Warren Harris both had shots blocked for the home side.

But Slough also survived a frantic scramble in their own goalmouth 10 minutes from time, with Lench and Sam Togwell making heroic blocks on the line and keeper Jack Turner producing an excellent save.

The result leaves Slough 12th in the table and they are now without win in six league games stretching back to a home victory against Chelmsford City on January 12.

Rebels also face a tough trip to Bath City who sit one place above Dartford in sixth place (3pm ko).

Slough: Turner, Fraser, Wells, S.Togwell, Nisbet, L.Togwell, Lench, Clifford, B.Harris (Wood (Flood), Williams (Soares), W.Harris. Subs not used: Jackman, Dunn.