SLOUGH Town extended their unbeaten run in the National League South to three matches after a 2-1 win against Billericay Town on Saturday, writes Rob Stevens.

The Rebels are unbeaten in March with two wins and a draw, and have improved to stand 10 points behind the play-off spots with seven league matches remaining this season.

Slough put on a strong first-half performance with the wind at their backs at Arbour Park and were unfortunate not to take the lead when Manny Williams had an effort blocked in the goalmouth.

The home team broke the deadlock after 32 minutes through Matthew Lench - his second goal since returning to the club back in January. The midfielder made space in a crowded penalty box for a smart low finish past keeper Alan Julian.

The Rebels should have doubled their advantage moments later when a Warren Harris shot from outside the box crashed against the post and Williams could not direct his follow-up effort into the empty net.

Billericay equalised seconds before the half-time interval as a delivery into the box found Moses Emmanuel at the back post and he volleyed the ball past keeper Jack Turner.

Slough won a penalty in the 68th minute when Ross Lafayette appeared to handle a shot at goal. Williams took the resulting spot-kick and finished calmly into the bottom corner for his first league goal this season.

Tempers then flared as an altercation after Rebels midfielder Lee Togwell won a free-kick saw Billericay striker Jake Robinson shown a straight red card.

The Rebels were able to see out the remainder of the game against their 10-man visitors for a deserved three points that sees them remain in 12th position in the league table.

Slough make the tough trip to league leaders Woking this Saturday (3pm) looking to improve upon the 1-0 defeat suffered in the reverse fixture back in November.

Burnham reached the semi-finals in the Hellenic Subsidiary Cup this season following a 3-2 win after extra time at Clanfield 85 last weekend.

A goal from Callum Miller gave Clanfield from Division One West the lead at Radcot Road, but Lucas Sinclair equalised for the Blues before the break.

Sinclair scored again five minutes into the second half to give the visitors the advantage, but a goal from Jordi Mulaviney sent the quarter-finals match into extra time.

Burnham won the tie in the additional 30-minute period when Dean Allen found the back of the net five minutes from the final whistle.

The Blues turn their attention to the Hellenic Supplementary Cup and a quarter-finals tie against Easington Sports from Division One West at The Gore on Tuesday (7.45pm).

Burnham return to action in Division One West with a trip to Wallingford Town this Saturday (3pm).

Chalvey Sports did not have a fixture to fulfill last weekend but return to action at Thame Rangers on Wednesday (7.45pm), before returning to Arbour Park for the visit of Milton United this Saturday (3pm).

Langley remain in third position in Division Two East following their 3-0 win against Risborough Rangers Reserves at Summerleaze on Saturday.

Langley host ninth-placed Chalvey Sports Reserves on Tuesday (7.45pm).