SINGH Sabha pulled off a stunning victory to lift the Slough Town Challenge Senior Cup after a dramatic 2-1 win against Langley on Good Friday.

A tactical Sabha team were successful in a feisty cup final which saw both sides go down to 10 men late on but the East Berkshire League representatives hold on for the win at The Gore.

Singh Sabha went into the game as underdogs with Langley the current cup holders and challenging for the Hellenic Division Two East title.

Sabha had previously won the Maidenhead Norfolkian Senior Cup this season so confidence was high despite them missing six players through injury or suspension.

They were short on strikers with current top scorer Pritpal Raju and the experienced Shem Carty both suspended. They were however able to recall club legend Ravi Sehajpal and the returning Conrad Joseph, who was signed from Langley earlier in the season.

Sabha had a real chance to make the breakthrough as the dangerous Mubarak Bashir caused problems for Langley out on the wing. He whipped a dangerous cross into the box but it evaded everyone including the out-stretched Honey Riyat.

Langley had a great opportunity of their own but Dean Papali saw his shot well-saved by keeper Andrei Tonca.

Ben White then found himself in a great position at the back post after the Singh Sabha defence switched off, but he could only fire over the crossbar in a goalless first half.

Langley came out of the blocks much quicker at the start of the second half and they should have taken the lead when White hit the bar.

Sabha had to defend resolutely as their higher-league opponents dominated the first 15 minutes of the second period before they were able to take the lead completely against the run of play.

Jovan Bains found the dangerous Bashir and he turned his man out on the right wing before driving into the box and crossing low for the incoming Sukh Hunjan. He finished via a deflection past the Langley keeper to send the Sabha players into wild celebrations.

Singh Sabha should have doubled their advantage moments later as substitute Joseph sent through Sehajpal. He turned brilliantly inside the box to cross for Hasan Mahmood, who was denied by a stunning save from the Langley keeper.

Sabha had to stay alert at the other end however as Tonca made three fine saves, including a stunning one-handed top onto the bar to deny Riccardo Cannon.

The East Berkshire Premier Division side were then rewarded with a second goal when substitutes Dakarai Andrews and Joseph combined. Langley could not stop the powerful run from Joseph and he found Sehajpal to calmly slot home past the helpless keeper.

The neat finish sent both players and spectators into wild celebrations knowing the two-goal lead meant they had one had on the trophy with just 15 minutes still to play.

Langley were guilty of missing a few guilt-edge chances late on but the game took a huge twist when the fourth official indicated six minutes of time added on at the end of the 90.

Luke Paris from Langley and Sukh Hunjan of Singh Sabha were given their marching orders as tempers flared following an altercation deep into injury time.

The match referee had now played 15 minutes of time added on and Langley pulled a goal back when Sabha failed to clear a free-kick. Cannon headed the ball back across goal and Papali was on hand to score from close range.

The final whistle then went and Singh Sabha players and supporters celebrated a huge and deserved victory. Captain Mampreet Randhawa lifted the Slough Town Cup to complete a cup double within a week.

Bains was voted the man-of-the-match by the Slough Town Cup committee. The club would like to give a special mention to Mubarak Bashir, who was impressive throughout the match and would have been their choice for man-of-the-match.

Singh Sabha now turn their attention to the East Berkshire League Cup and a semi-finals tie against lower-league Wraysbury this Saturday (2pm).