SLOUGH Town have suffered defeat in both their opening matches to a new league season for the first time since 2007 after a 1-0 loss at Hungerford Town on Tuesday, writes Rob Stevens.

The Rebels were beaten at home to Dorking Wanderers on the opening day of the new season in the National League South last weekend, and could not find a way past their Berkshire rivals at Bulpit Lane.

The only goal in the game came inside the first five minutes and after a rare mistake from Slough keeper Jack Turner. He tried to catch a ball but it bounced over his head and ended up in the net with James Constable getting the last touch.

Hungerford came closest to scoring again in the first half when a shot from captain Mike Jones cannoned back off the post with the ball rolling across goal and away to safety.

Slough were forced to make two substitutions in the first period and another during the break as they lost Simon Dunn, Guy Hollis and Sean Fraser to injury.

Their best chances in the first half fell to summer signings Max Worsfold, an early effort from the edge of the box that was turned around the post and another tipped over the crossbar.

Ben Harris was the half-time replacement for Fraser and the striker had four chances to score in the second half. The best of those was an opportunity at the back post that was deflected over the bar.

The Rebels dominated the second period but could not break through the Hungerford defence so will go in search of their first points in the new season away at Concord Rangers this Saturday (3pm).

Langley got the new season in the Hellenic League under way with a 4-2 defeat at home to Woodley United in round one of the Challenge Cup. Jahdd Thomas scored one of the two Langley goals in the second half at Summerleaze.

Chalvey Sports get their campaign in Hellenic Division One East under way with a trip to Thame Rangers tonight (Wednesday, 7.45pm), before hosting Wallingford Town at Arbour Park this Saturday (3pm).

Holyport made a winning start to the new season when leaving Long Crendon victorious 6-5 on penalties in round one of the Challenge Cup. The match finished 1-1 in normal time with Fabian Driffill giving Port the lead in the first half.

Their reward is a trip to Didcot Town Development in round two on Saturday 17th August (3pm).

Holyport get the new league season under way with a trip to Chinnor this Saturday (3pm).

Burnham were in action on Monday night when they were beaten 1-0 at Reading City in the Hellenic Premier Division. Josh Blackwood scored the only goal in the game at Rivermoor.

The Blues turn their attention to the FA Cup and a visit to The Gore from Tring Athletic in the extra preliminary round this Saturday (3pm).