SLOUGH Town saw their match at Havant & Waterlooville abandoned after 70 minutes due to a waterlogged pitch at Westleigh Park on Saturday, writes Rob Stevens.

The fixture was scheduled to be a 500th competitive match as joint-managers for Rebels bosses Neil Baker and Jon Underwood, and their team were 2-0 behind when referee Aji Ajibola deemed the pitch to be no longer playable.

The pitch passed an inspection from the official before the start to the match, but it was clear early on that there was waterlogged areas with puddles holding up the ball.

Havant came close to scoring inside six minutes when a free-kick from a dangerous position hit the outside of the post.

The home team did break the deadlock as Jonah Ayunga made room for himself to shoot. Slough keeper Jack Turner got a hand to the ball but he could not keep it out in the 39th minute.

The Rebels came close to equalising just seconds later when Matthew Lench tried to chip a shot over Ross Worner but the keeper recovered to save well.

Havant appeared to have doubled their advantage after 64 minutes but the effort was ruled out for offside. The hosts however did score a second goal seconds later with Ayunga again on target.

Slough Observer:

PHOTO: Matthew Lench came closest to scoring for Slough Town when bringing out a fine save from Havant keeper Ross Worner.

The match was then abandoned seven minutes later following heavy rain throughout the second-half.

Slough have now dropped one place to third position in the league table ahead of a trip to Chippenham Town, who beat them in the FA Cup earlier in the season, this Saturday (3pm).

The Rebels will welcome Aldershot Town from the National League to Arbour Park in a friendly match on Tuesday night (7.45pm).

Burnham completed a hat-trick of wins in the Hellenic League Premier Division following their 3-1 victory at Royal Wootton Bassett Town.

A goal from Terence Bohane gave Wootton Bassett the lead at the Gerrard Buxton Sports Ground but Oliver Harris equalised for The Blues before the break. The visitors secured all three points when Gavin James bagged a brace inside the final 25 minutes.

Both clubs started the match in the bottom five of the table but Burnham are now up to 10th position ahead of a visit to The Gore from Lydney Town this Saturday (3pm).

Langley secured their second league win in Division One East when beating rivals Chalvey Sports 3-2 at Arbour Park.

Slough Observer:

PHOTO: Burnham striker Gavin James bagged a brace in the 3-1 win at Royal Wootton Bassett Town.

A goal from Levi Thackeray gave Langley a narrow lead heading into the break at Arbour Park. The Stabmonks got their noses in front with strikes from Connor Shingleston and Jason Marney, but the visitors won the derby match thanks to a brace from Karol Darawenko inside the final four minutes.

The win means Langley remain in 15th position in the table ahead of a visit to Summerleaze Village from Abingdon Town on Tuesday night (7.45pm).

Chalvey now stand in 10th place in the table and head to Milton United on Tuesday (7.45pm).

Windsor did not have a fixture to fulfil last weekend but turn their attention to the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup and a first round tie at Marlow from the BetVictor South Central Division on Tuesday (7.45pm).