SLOUGH Town prepared for their return to action in the National League South with a 4-2 defeat against Aldershot Town in a friendly match on Tuesday night, writes Rob Stevens.

The Rebels saw their game at Havant & Waterlooville abandoned after 70 minutes due to a waterlogged pitch last weekend so welcomed The Shots to Arbour Park before a trip to Chippenham Town in the league this Saturday (3pm).

The home team were unfortunate not to break the deadlock inside 15 minutes when Francis Amartey crossed into the box but Warren Harris saw his close-range header crash off the crossbar.

The visitors from the National League Premier opened the scoring as Connor Shields found the back of the net just seconds later, and the advantage was doubled when Shields bagged his second in the 31st minute.

Slough pulled a goal back when good work from Amartey saw him pull the ball back for Manny Williams to hit home after 34 minutes.

The Rebels levelled the scores as Amartey ran straight at the Aldershot defence and reached the box where he fired low and hard into the net five minutes before the break.

The Shots restored their lead as Trialist C headed in at the back post in the 69th minute and secured the win Shields completed his hat-trick, a lovely finish to chip the ball over keeper Jack Turner eight minutes from the final whistle.

Slough Observer:

PHOTO: The Rebels forward Manny Williams, left, is congratulated by Matthew Lench, right, on his goal at Arbour Park.

Windsor are out of the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup this season after a 6-5 defeat on penalties against Marlow from the BetVictor South Central Division.

A penalty kick from Marcus Mealing gave The Blues the lead inside two minutes of the first round tie at Oak Tree Road, but Charlie MaCaskill equalised for lower-league Windsor five minutes from the final whistle.

The resulting shoot-out went to sudden death after Kelvin Bossman, Ashleigh Artwell, Louis Rogers, Charlie Samuel and Devonn Reid all scored for the home team. The Windsor penalties scorers where Luke Brooks-Smith, Syd Woods, Dylan Ive, captain Luke Appleton and Samir Bajja.

Ronayne Marsh-Brown then saw his spot-kick saved by Windsor keeper Nojus Trinovas, but the away team could not take advantage as Andrew Higgins hit the bar with his effort.

Malachi Caesar then scored for Marlow to put the pressure back on Windsor, and it told as MaCaskill saw his penalty saved by the keeper.

Windsor return to action in the Hellenic League Premier Division with a trip to bottom of the table and winless Brimscombe & Thrupp this Saturday (3pm).

Burnham did not have a fixture to fulfil in midweek but welcome Lydney Town to The Gore for a Premier Division match this Saturday (3pm).

Slough Observer:

PHOTO: Slough left-back George Wells uses his skills to get past an opponent on the wing at Arbour Park.

Langley recorded back-to-back wins in Division One East for the first time this season following their 4-1 victory against bottom side Abingdon Town.

The win at Summerleaze Village sees Langley move up to 14th position in the table ahead of a visit from Berkshire rivals Wokingham & Emmbrook next Tuesday (7.45pm).

Chalvey Sports returned to winning form after a 1-0 victory at Milton United. A solitary strike from Jason Marney was the difference between the two teams at Potash Lane.

The Stabmonks now stand in sixth position in the table before a trip to Marlow United this Saturday (3pm).

Holyport return to action when Woodley United make the journey from Reading to Summerleaze Village this Saturday (3pm).