AFTER a defeat at the hands of Swifts last week, Angels were looking to make amends in their match against Business Moves in the Premier Division of the Maidenhead District Netball League.

A high-scoring first quarter saw Angels gain a two-goal lead heading into the first break. Business Moves however rallied in the second period and overcame the deficit to hold a 17-15 advantage at half-time.

Angels then dominated the third quarter, stifling Business Moves’ goals attempts whilst pushing out their lead for a final victory at 33-31.

Newly-promoted Woodley Comets were still searching for their first win in the Premier Division and headed into week five against bottom-of-the-table B52s, who were also winless.

Both teams with a point to prove, the first quarter was drawn 8-8 but Woodley hit the floor running and steamed into a 20-14 lead. The Comets kept on increasing this margin throughout the game to take a 43-33 success.

Another win for Swifts, this time against GX Jaguars, sees them remain unbeaten and at the top of the table.

Zentax remain top of Division One after Eclipse had to forfeit their game due to the umpire not being present at the start.

Slough Observer:

PHOTOS: Angels put a defeat at the hands of Swifts last week behind them to beat Business Moves 33-31.

Redbacks move into second position after their 36-24 victory against Sparks whilst Nettlebed Stingers go third following their nail-biting game against Apple Travel Green.

The game started with the Apples taking the upper hand and leading by a single goal in both the first and second quarters, but the tables turned in the second half of the match with the slender advantage switching to the Stingers for a final score of 26-25.

The comeback of the night took place on court two at Kidwells Park in the game between Wokingham and Sevens.

Wokingham started strong and lead 7-4 at the end of the first quarter, at the half-time whistle, and 27-17 at the end of the third period.

Sevens however were not defeat and came out fighting in the final quarter scoring 12 goals, with Wokingham only scoring two, and managed to clench a 30-29 win.

Black Magic remain bottom of the league table after losing 41-25 to Scotch and also picking up a five-point penalty for not providing a scorer.

In Division Two, second-placed Windsor Roses took on third in the table Titans in a hard-fought game.

Slough Observer:

PHOTO: B52s suffered a 43-33 defeat to Woodley Comets in the Premier Division at Kidwells Park on Monday.

At half-time only two goals separated them but Titans reduced Roses to one goal in quarter three and pull ahead to win and leapfrog them in the table.

With some sharp shooting from Blaze, they were just too strong for Risers.

Apple Travel suffered a first quarter injury to their wing attack and went down to six players against Sharks when the scores were even. But, with a player down, they rallied and took the lead going into the third quarter.

Once Apple were back to seven players, Sharks tried their best to reduce the deficit but the final whistle came too soon for them and Apple won by two goals.

Top-of-the-table Genesis took on Firebirds in a highly entertaining game with Firebirds leading throughout the game. Genesis however showed why they are top and, in a great final quarter, took the game by on goal.

Unfortunately after the game Firebirds had to forfeit as they had not had enough registered players on court.

In Division Three, top of the table Blue Magnets were pushed all the way against Chancers but pulled away in the final quarter to stay unbeaten.

Slough Observer:

PHOTO: Angels (blue and white) against Business Moves.

In a well contested game between Woodley and Bluebirds, Woodley led by three at half time and pulled another goal ahead to take the win.

Crazies are still looking for their first win of the season as Blitz were too strong for them this week.

Second-placed Havoc had a slow start against Meister with Meister leading at half time 15-9.

Havoc stormed the third quarter to take the lead by one goal but Meister’s defence stopped the comeback, only allowing one goal in the last quarter to take the win.

Ants led Henley throughout their game winning 35-21.