SLOUGH Town recorded their first-ever win at Hardenhuish Park since 1946 after a 3-0 victory against Chippenham Town in the National League South on Saturday, writes Rob Stevens.

It was an afternoon of real celebration for The Rebels as bosses Neil Baker and Jon Underwood brought up their 500th competitive match as joint-managers.

Chippenham had been a bogey side for the management team in recent seasons, eliminating Slough from the FA Cup last month, but the win sees The Rebels remain in second position in the table and now just four points behind leaders Wealdstone.

Slough suffered a blow in the first half when Aaron Kuhl, who has represented England at Under 19s and U20s level and signed from Basingstoke Town in midweek, was forced off through injury and replaced by Sean Fraser.

The Rebels appeared to win a penalty kick as a defender stuck out a leg and tripped Ben Harris inside the box. The assistant referee indicated for the spot-kick but the match referee overruled him and booked the striker for a dive.

The visitors were unfortunate not to take the lead when a header from George Wells bounced off the crossbar, but the deadlock was broken two minutes into time added on at the end of the first period.

Max Worsfold chipped the ball between defenders for Fraser to run on to and the cross was turned in at the back post by Warren Harris for his fifth goal of the season and first in nine matches.

Slough Observer:

PHOTOS: Rebels midfielder Max Worsfold was involved in the build-up to the first goal before scoring the second at Chippenham on Saturday.

Slough doubled their advantage inside two minutes of the second half as Worsfold hit an early shot from 25-yards low and across goal, beating keeper Will Puddy. It is his second goal of the campaign and first in 11 matches.

The Rebels were unfortunate not to add a third goal when Wells connected to a corner kick with a thunderous header but it was straight onto the bar.

Chippenham then came closest to scoring on the hour mark as a 30-yard strike from Luke Haines went straight into the arms of Jack Turner without the keeper needing to move.

The visitors secured all three points when substitute Matthew Lench brought the ball forward and found space to shoot, with his effort beating Puddy and hitting the inside of the post before nestling in the net in the 74th minute.

Slough now turn their attention to the FA Trophy and a third qualifying round tie at league rivals Concord Rangers this Saturday (3pm). The two teams met earlier in the season with Concord winning a league fixture 2-1 back in August.