SLOUGH Town extended their unbeaten run in the National League South to seven matches with a win and a draw over the Christmas period, writes Rob Stevens.

The Rebels did not have a game for almost three weeks but returned to action to beat league leaders Wealdstone 2-1 at Arbour Park on Boxing Day.

Slough then made the trip to Vauxhall Road and drew 1-1 with play-off chasing Hemel Hempstead Town on Saturday.

The results mean the Rebels have not tasted defeat in the league since the loss at Oxford City back in October and leaves them in third position in the table, six points behind Wealdstone and one behind Dorking Wanderers in second place.

Slough were gifted the chance to take the lead in the game against Wealdstone - watched by a crowd of over 1,300 at Arbour Park - when Ben Harris was tripped inside the box by William Edjenguele.

Harris blasted the resulting penalty kick straight down the middle of the goal and past keeper Harvey Isted on 26 minutes. It is his 10th goal of the season but first in five games.

The home team doubled their advantage as substitute Francis Amartey put the ball into the path of Max Worsfold, who scored with a side-footed finish from the edge of the box inside the final two minutes. It is his third goal of the season.

Wealdstone halved the deficit two minutes into time added on when defender Michee Efete pounced in the box to slot past keeper Jack Turner.

The Rebels fell behind at Vauxhall Road as Hemel forward Sam Ashford was given the space to bend a shot into the corner of the goal in the 30th minute.

Slough were unfortunate not to equalise when Worsfold saw his shot brush the post as it went wide, but the visitors did manage to level the scores before the break.

A right-wing cross from Josh Jackman was perfect for Daniel Roberts to get to the ball ahead of keeper Sam Beasant and glance in after 44 minutes. It is his sixth goal of the season but first in nine games.

The striker was unfortunate not to double his tally in the second half as he had space on the edge of the box but his right-foot effort hit the post with Beasant beaten.

Slough make the trip to table-toppers Wealdstone on New Year's Day (1pm) before returning to Arbour Park for the visit of Eastbourne Borough on Saturday (3pm).