SINGH Sabha have reached the Maidenhead Norfolkian Senior Cup final for the second season in a row after a 2-1 win against KS Gryf on Saturday.

Sabha substitute Naheer Nawaf scored a late winner to complete a second-half comeback and defeat their East Berkshire League rivals.

The home team went into the tie in a confident mood having boasted a good record in cup matches against Gryf last season although the visitors won their last encounter in the Premier Division.

Both sides had chances to score in the first half but poor decision-making and finishing kept the tie goalless at the half-time whistle. Mubarik Basher and Hassan Mahmood missed guilt-edged opportunities for the hosts.

Singh Sabha were beginning to frustrate their supporters with a lack in quality in front of goal and a strong Gryf side took advantage of the sloppy play to break the deadlock in the second half.

Sabha lose the ball in midfield which allowed a Gryf winger to run through. He had an easier option to cut the ball back but went for goal from a tight angle and scored.

The home side responded well and got themselves back into the game with a brilliant team move with man-of-the-match Bashir at the heart of it. He linked up with Omar Riaz before cutting the ball back for Mahmood to fire home from close range.

The goal gave them a huge boost and they nearly got their noses in front moments later as Mahmood broke clear but his effort was saved by the Gryf keeper.

Sabha then made changes to their personnel and system and the move paid dividends with a winning goal 10 minutes from the final whistle. Stand-in striker Riaz flicked a long ball into the path of Nawaf, who took a touch before smashing the ball past the hapless keeper, sending both players and supporters into wild celebrations.

The hosts kept on pressing and had two further opportunities to wrap up the game but Nawaf missed on both occasions whilst keeper Andrei Tonca had to make a great save deep into time added on to keep his side in front.

Singh Sabha return to action in the Premier Division with a visit from FC Beaconsfield.