THE Hellenic League continued to be frustrated as once again flooding meant all matches apart from those played on an artificial surface were postponed on Saturday, writes Rob Stevens.

The only game to go ahead which included a local side saw Chalvey Sports miss out on the chance to climb into the top five in Division One East after a 2-1 defeat against Long Crendon.

The visitors to Arbour Park took the lead when Alex Farley delivered a brilliant free-kick into the box and Tom Lethbridge was able to side-foot home at the far post on 18 minutes.

Chalvey equalised as some good work from Tom Janson resulted with a cross into the box for Cheyenne Cripps to fire home three minutes before half-time.

Long Crendon scored the only goal in the second half through Oli Lethbridge on 65 minutes to take all three points back to Oxfordshire.

The defeat means The Stabmonks remain in sixth position in the table ahead of a short trip to rival club Langley at Summerleaze Village this Saturday (3pm).

READ MORE: Ten-man Slough Town battle to an incredible win at Dorking Wanderers

Holyport were unable to build on their six-match winning streak in the league after the match with Penn & Tylers Green was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Summerleaze.

Port are second in the table and 12 points behind Risborough Rangers – who also have a game in hand – ahead of a trip to the league leaders this Saturday (3pm).

Langley remain second from bottom after their match at AFC Aldermaston was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at the Aldermaston Recreational Society.

Burnham saw their match in the Premier Division at Tuffley Rovers postponed because of a flooded surface at Glevum Park last weekend.

The Blues stand in seventh position in the table but can leapfrog sixth-placed Shrivenham with a win at Barrington Park this Saturday (3pm).

Windsor saw their match against Longlevens postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Stag Meadow and travel to third-in-table Fairford Town on Saturday (3pm).