The Bees have started their league campaign off with two wins out of two played, with wins over Peterborough Phantoms and Telford.

The Phantoms got off to a good start by winning the opening face-off and testing the Bees' defence early on in the game but were shut down.

A push from the Bees forced the Phantoms into their defensive zone not long after testing the Bees and at 02:43 Marcek Balaz got the Bees onto the scoreboard with an assist given to Josh Kelly to see the Bees gain an early lead.

A couple of good chances got on the side of Harry Harcup who was able to get past the Phantom's defence but at 16:59 with a powerplay goal, Marcel Balaz further extended the lead for the Bees with an assist given to Dominik Gabaj to give the Bees a two goal lead going into the second period after some great saves from Bees netminder Brython Preece and defensive plays by Brendan Baird and Harvey Stead. 

Bees had a promising beginning to the second period but, so did the Phantoms. 

At 29:37 Ales Padelek managed to get Peterborough off the mark. Harry Harcup was quick to react to the Phantoms’ success with a perfect set-up by Will Stead to keep the Bees' lead timed at 33:23.

The Phantoms started to pick up their pace more and more throughout the second period and Luke Ferrara managed to get to the back of Brython Preece’s net at 36:57, with Lukas Sladkovosky and Scott Robson receiving assists on the goal and this left a one-goal gap between the two teams.

Joe Gretton after getting through the Bees' defence controlled the situation and equalised the game at 38:02 to end the second period. 

Both teams came out to start the third and only 44 seconds into the third period the Bees regained the lead with an unassisted goal from Brendan Baird.

This boosted the Bees’ spirits and they began to further test Jordan Marr. But at 42:52, Lukas Sladvosky yet again equalised the game with an assist awarded to Luke Ferrara.

At 47:33, Dominik Gabaj got to the back of the Phantoms' net and was assisted by Marcel Balaz and Stuart Mogg. Then again at 50:50, due to the Bees having a one-man advantage, Edgars Landberg took advantage of the opportunity in front of him and scored a powerplay goal.

Not long after this goal at 51:20, Phantoms were still fighting for the two points available and Callum Buglass kept the dream alive for the team and tried to keep Phantoms in the game.

At 58:09, the Phantoms called a timeout to try to group together and decided to pull Jordan Marr from the net but this was not enough to secure the points as Harry Harcup slotted the puck into the empty Phantoms net to secure the two points for the Bees.

On Sunday, the Bees secured another two points to get a 4-point weekend in Telford the following night. This means Bees are currently third in the league and will take on the Leeds Knights this Sunday, with a 5 p.m. face-off.